4. As of noon trading, Telefonica ( TEF) is up $0.25 (1.9%) to $13.12 on light volume Thus far, 721,114 shares of Telefonica exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $12.96-$13.18 after having opened the day at $12.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.87. Telefonica, S.A. provides fixed and mobile telephony services primarily in Spain, Latin America, and rest of Europe. Telefonica has a market cap of $59.9 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 57.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 23.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Telefonica a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Telefonica as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its respectable return on equity which we feel is likely to continue. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Get the full Telefonica Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts