2. As of noon trading, CarMax ( KMX) is up $0.68 (2.0%) to $35.22 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.6 million shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $35.22-$36.15 after having opened the day at $35.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.53. CarMax, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer of used vehicles in the United States. It also sells vehicles that do not meet its retail standards to licensed dealers through on-site wholesale auctions, as well as sells new vehicles under franchise agreements. CarMax has a market cap of $7.9 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate CarMax a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CarMax as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Get the full CarMax Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts