2. As of noon trading, Wal-Mart Stores ( WMT) is up $0.95 (1.3%) to $74.09 on light volume Thus far, 2.4 million shares of Wal-Mart Stores exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $73.13-$74.28 after having opened the day at $73.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.14. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates retail stores in various formats worldwide. It operates retail stores, restaurants, discount stores, supermarkets, supercenters, hypermarkets, warehouse clubs, apparel stores, Sam's Clubs, and neighborhood markets, as well as walmart.com; and samsclub.com. Wal-Mart Stores has a market cap of $244.6 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 22.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Wal-Mart Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Wal-Mart Stores as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Wal-Mart Stores Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts