1. As of noon trading, Time Warner Cable ( TWC) is up $1.31 (1.4%) to $93.24 on average volume Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Time Warner Cable exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $91.93-$93.65 after having opened the day at $92.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $91.93. Time Warner Cable Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a cable operator in the United States. It offers video, high-speed data, and voice services over its broadband cable systems to residential and business service customers. Time Warner Cable has a market cap of $30.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 44.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Time Warner Cable a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Time Warner Cable as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Time Warner Cable Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the media industry could consider PowerShares Dynamic Media ( PBS) while those bearish on the media industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Services ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts