1. As of noon trading, Goldman Sachs Group ( GS) is up $2.45 (2.0%) to $126.53 on average volume Thus far, 1.8 million shares of Goldman Sachs Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $124.30-$126.70 after having opened the day at $124.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $124.08. The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. provides investment banking, securities, and investment management services, as well as a range of financial services to corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals worldwide. Goldman Sachs Group has a market cap of $59.1 billion and is part of the financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 36.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Goldman Sachs Group a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Goldman Sachs Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Get the full Goldman Sachs Group Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts