3. As of noon trading, SunTrust Banks ( STI) is up $0.53 (1.9%) to $27.69 on light volume Thus far, 1.5 million shares of SunTrust Banks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $27.07-$27.77 after having opened the day at $27.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.16. SunTrust Banks, Inc. operates as the holding company for SunTrust Bank, which provides various financial services in the United States. SunTrust Banks has a market cap of $14.6 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 53.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate SunTrust Banks a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates SunTrust Banks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full SunTrust Banks Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts