1. As of noon trading, Sprint Nextel ( S) is down $0.06 (-1.1%) to $5.68 on light volume Thus far, 14.7 million shares of Sprint Nextel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 80.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $5.66-$5.76 after having opened the day at $5.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.75. Sprint Nextel Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, offers wireless and wireline communications products and services to individual consumers, businesses, government subscribers, and resellers in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the United States Virgin Islands. Sprint Nextel has a market cap of $17.1 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of -4.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 145.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Sprint Nextel a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sprint Nextel as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk. Get the full Sprint Nextel Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the telecommunications industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Telecom ( IYZ) while those bearish on the telecommunications industry could consider ProShares Ult Sht Telecommunication ( TLL). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts