3 Stocks Pushing The Technology Sector Lower
1. As of noon trading, LinkedIn ( LNKD) is down $3.00 (-2.8%) to $104.28 on average volume Thus far, 893,040 shares of LinkedIn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $103.33-$107.55 after having opened the day at $106.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $107.29. LinkedIn Corporation operates an online professional network. LinkedIn has a market cap of $9.3 billion and is part of the internet industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 711.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 69.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate LinkedIn a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates LinkedIn as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and premium valuation. Get the full LinkedIn Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts