3. As of noon trading, Discovery Communications ( DISCA) is down $2.21 (-3.7%) to $57.24 on heavy volume Thus far, 2.4 million shares of Discovery Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $56.25-$58.24 after having opened the day at $58.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.45. Discovery Communications, Inc. operates as a non fiction media and entertainment company worldwide. The company provides original and purchased programming across various distribution platforms. Discovery Communications has a market cap of $8.7 billion and is part of the media industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 46.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Discovery Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Discovery Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Discovery Communications Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts