3 Stocks Pushing The Financial Sector Lower
1. As of noon trading, NYSE Euronext ( NYX) is down $1.46 (-5.7%) to $24.15 on heavy volume Thus far, 5.2 million shares of NYSE Euronext exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $23.94-$25.44 after having opened the day at $25.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.61. NYSE Euronext, through its subsidiaries, operates securities exchanges. It operates various stock exchanges, including the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NYSE Arca, Inc., and NYSE Amex LLC in the United States; and five European-based exchanges that comprise Euronext N.V. NYSE Euronext has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 3.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate NYSE Euronext a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates NYSE Euronext as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full NYSE Euronext Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts