1. As of noon trading, Catamaran ( CTRX) is down $1.15 (-2.3%) to $48.50 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Catamaran exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $47.65-$49.18 after having opened the day at $48.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.65. Catamaran Corporation provides pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services and healthcare information technology solutions to the healthcare benefits management industry in North America. Catamaran has a market cap of $10.2 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 72.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 75.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Catamaran a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Catamaran as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Catamaran Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the computer software & services industry could consider iShares S&P NA Tech Software Idx ( IGV) while those bearish on the computer software & services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts