GREENSBORO, N.C., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. (NYSE:SKT) — Tanger Outlets Westgate will celebrate its Grand Opening on Thursday, November 15 th. When the store doors open, shoppers in the greater Phoenix area will have a new destination to shop for fashion and savings timed perfectly - just in time for the Holidays.
The upscale outlet center has approximately 330,000 square feet of retail shops with the potential of an 80,000 square foot expansion from the first phase of the project. The Center is located 9 miles from Phoenix off Interstate 10 to Loop 101, exit at Glendale Avenue.
The region's economy will be provided a significant economic boost from the opening of Tanger Outlets Westgate through sales and property tax revenues as well as the creation of more than 900 full and part-time retail management and sales positions.Eighty brand name and designer outlet stores will be featured. Stores include: American Eagle, Banana Republic Factory Store, Brooks Brothers Factory Store, Calvin Klein, Coach Factory Store, Cole Hahn, Fossil, Gap Outlet, GUESS, Gymboree, H&M, IZOD, J.Crew, Michael Kors, Nike Factory Store, Nine West, Puma, Skechers, Tommy Hilfiger, Under Armour, White House Black Market and many other popular designer outlet brands. "We are looking forward to introducing the state of Arizona to our latest Tanger Outlet Center and to exceeding shopper's expectations," said Steven B. Tanger, President and CEO of Tanger Factory Outlets. "Residents and visitors to the greater Phoenix area will discover a first class shopping atmosphere, leading upscale brands, the latest fashion trends and savings that come direct from the manufacturer." Brian Friedman, Executive Director of Glendale's Community and Economic Development Department said, "Tanger Outlets represents significant new private investment and furthers the quality development occurring along the Loop 101 in the heart of the Glendale Sports and Entertainment District. Tanger will draw new patrons and significantly contribute to the year round energy and vibrancy of this growing area." "Contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations help Banner Health deliver on its promise to provide excellent patient care," says Andy Kramer Petersen. "We are grateful for this growing partnership with Tanger Outlet Centers and for their commitment to strengthening our community by supporting pediatric programs and services throughout Banner that would not exist without philanthropy." To celebrate and welcome shoppers, the center will host a weekend of spectacular opening activities. Special events and entertainment will include:
- Stores OpenWhen: Thursday, November 15, 9:00 AM
- Official Ribbon-Cutting CeremonyWhen: Thursday, November 15, 10:00 AM Vanessa Lachey, Ceremony Host; Steven B. Tanger, President and CEO of Tanger Outlets; Steve Frate, Glendale Vice Mayor; Sherry Henry, Director, Arizona Office of Tourism and additional state and regional officials will be on hand to open the new Tanger Outlets Westgate in Glendale.
- Symphony of Lights Tree Lighting Ceremony with Magical Holiday Snow When: Thursday Evening, November 15, 7:30 PM
- American Idol's Kris Allen Holiday Concert When: Friday Evening, November 16, 7:00 PM Enjoy a Sparkling Holiday Sound Celebration featuring American Idol's Kris Allen. The concert is free and open to the public. Register at tangeroutlet.com/krisallen to win VIP tickets and a chance to meet Kris Allen.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts