HARTSVILLE, S.C., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sonoco Display and Packaging, the point-of-purchase (POP) display and packaging services business of Sonoco (NYSE: SON), has been awarded four Design of the Times awards, including a prestigious Platinum award, by the Path to Purchase Institute.
The Display and Packaging group won the following awards:
- Platinum, Home/Hardware category – Scotts® Snap® Spreader Launch Bridge for The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co.
- Gold, Home/Hardware category – Scotts® Snap® Spreader Launch Bridge for The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co.
- Gold, Mass Merchandisers, category – P&G Pringles® Gravity-feed Endcap for Procter & Gamble, in partnership with Saatchi & Saatchi X
- Silver, Drug category – Allegra® RX-to-OTC Launch Display for Chattem Inc.
"It is very rewarding to have our talented group recognized for effectively demonstrating Sonoco's ability to deliver on the promise of providing superior retail merchandising and shelf appeal for our global customers," said Jeff Tomaszewski, general manager, Sonoco Display and Packaging.Sonoco's entries made it through two rounds of judging during the competition, including a first round in August 2012 at Target Corp.'s headquarters in Minneapolis, Minn. Judges evaluated hundreds of entries from eight retail channels based on the Four C's of Effective in-store Activation:
- Command attention,
- Connect with the shopper,
- Convey information, and
- Close the sale.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts