Battleground States to Watch for This Election
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Flip on your favorite pump-up music, break out your most confident strut, and don those red, white and blues, because it's Election Day in America.
Many pollsters and Electoral Vote predictors have suggested that Tuesday's election could come down to eight states -- Ohio, Colorado, Virginia, Florida, Nevada, Iowa, Wisconsin, and New Hampshire.
Here's a final look at where the polls stand for each swing state.
If you've followed this year's presidential election since the summer of 2011, when Mitt Romney and a handful of other Republicans fought for the party's nomination, then you know that Ohio would be a pivotal battleground needed to win the election.President Obama currently leads his GOP challenger 50% to 47.1%, or 2.9 percentage points, in an aggregate of Ohio polls collected by RealClearPolitics. The lead, though, remains close enough for pollsters to call the state a toss-up. "There's a real optimism here
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV