Last up is Perrigo Company (PRGO),the $11 billion pharmaceutical and nutritional firm. Like Kimberly Clark, Perrigo is forming a double top, but unlike the paper giant, things don't look quite as bleak for this OTC pharma company. Most significantly, while shares are forming a textbook double top, the uptrend (the dashed lower line) is still intact in shares. That doesn't mean that PRGO isn't a toxic stock, but shares may get a reprieve.
That said, it's important to know when that outlook changes -- and for Perrigo, it won't take long for this stock to give investors an answer one way or the other. From the standpoint of the double top, the sell (or short) signal comes on a break below $105. A breakdown below the downtrend would happen well before that, with shares testing trendline support this week.
If Perrigo is able to catch a bounce off of support, I'd recommend staying away until it can clear $120 -- those two tops show that there's considerable selling pressure up there right now, and the risk-reward doesn't make sense until it gets absorbed by less discerning buyers. Otherwise, the drop through $105 looks like a solid short-side trade setup for the next month.To see this week's trades in action, check out the Technical Setups for the Week portfolio on Stockpickr.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV