Ambassador Houda Nonoo Condemns Terror Attacks Against Expatriate Workers In Bahrain
WASHINGTON, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In a statement yesterday on her blog , Bahrain's Ambassador to the United States Houda Nonoo condemned today's attacks which killed two expatriate workers, and wounded one other, in several neighborhoods in Manama.
"I awoke this morning to the horrific and shocking news that two expatriate workers were killed and another critically injured in a series of bombings in Manama," she said. "I join with all people of conscience in condemning these unconscionable acts of terrorism in the strongest terms. I would also like to extend my sincerest sympathies to families of the victims and hope for a full and speedy recovery to the individual who was injured."
Ambassador Nonoo also noted how efforts by radical activists to enflame tensions in Bahrain have exacerbated violence and undermines public safety.
She said: "Over the past several months, radical activists have escalated their campaign of violence in an effort to sow dissension and fear. Even demonstrations that began peacefully often devolve into violent confrontation instigated by the mob. Attacks like these, and last month's attack that killed a police officer, serve only to enflame tensions, to imperil national unity, and to undermine the security and safety of our country."Despite the ongoing violence and excitement, Ambassador Nonoo reiterated the urgent need for dialogue in Bahrain to help resolve ongoing tensions. "Comprehensive dialogue remains the only viable mechanism through which Bahrainis can work to resolve our differences," she said. "It is incumbent upon all Bahrainis to work to delegitimize violence and work toward national reconciliation." SOURCE Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV