Dell Services Introduces New Microsoft Dynamics Solution For Manufacturers
To address these challenges, Dell’s Microsoft Dynamics for Manufacturing solution focuses on manufacturing simplification and lean transformation by re-engineering processes from start to finish based on lean principles and simplified procedures. The solution helps manufacturers get the most out of Microsoft Dynamics with guidance and counsel on how to best leverage the product. Based on Dell’s own experiences, the solution shows manufacturers how to use Microsoft Dynamics to help make the most informed decisions possible, while reaching global alignment and transformation.
Dell turned to Microsoft Dynamics AX in 2010 to modernize its application footprint of more than 70 applications, 95 percent of which were custom-developed by Dell to support unique requirements at each factory. To run these applications, each manufacturing facility maintained between 400 and 600 physical servers. Standardizing on Microsoft Dynamics AX allowed Dell to eliminate various inefficiencies related to factory differences, large IT footprint and an overabundance of applications and to reduce operating costs and downtime.
Implementing Microsoft Dynamics AX helped Dell successfully re-architect its manufacturing process which resulted in cost reduction and increased simplification and performance:
- IT cost of goods decreased by an estimated 40% by the end of 2012
- Eliminated the need for almost 2,000 servers and 70 applications
- Saw an estimated 75 percent reduction in factory IT footprint
- Increased alignment with outsourced manufacturing network
- Achieved a single, global business process
- Factory throughput efficiency fully recovered within approximately two quarters
- 6-month payback on Microsoft Dynamics AX investment
- Experienced up to 50 percent reduction in server downtime
Additional Quotes:“With Microsoft Dynamics AX, we could roll out one factory at a time, and didn’t have to worry about changes to our core financial and HR and server management and all of the other upstream systems that we didn’t want to touch.” - Matt Griffiths, IT Executive Director, Manufacturing Systems, Dell Inc. Additional Information: www.dell.com. Join us at Dell World 2012 – The Power to Do More. Technology professionals will learn from one another and identify key challenges and opportunities connected to the top forces changing business today. Learn more at www.DellWorld.com or follow #DellWorld on Twitter. Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV