The Government Of Canada Marks Veterans' Week
OTTAWA, Nov. 6, 2012 /CNW/ - The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Eve Adams, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Veterans Affairs, joined the Honourable Roméo Dallaire, Senator and Chair of the Senate Subcommittee on Veterans Affairs, and Member of Parliament Gregg Kerr, Chair of the House of Commons Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs, for a wreath-laying ceremony paying tribute to Canadian Veterans at the National War Memorial and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
"During Veterans' Week, we pay tribute to all Canadian Veterans and continue to honour those who serve our country today," said Minister Blaney. "The Government of Canada is dedicated to commemorating the sacrifices and achievements of the brave Canadians whose legacy is the peace and security we continue to enjoy today."
This year marks significant historical military milestones with the 95 th anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge, the 95 th anniversary of the capture of Passchendaele and the 70 th anniversary of the Dieppe Raid. Each year, from November 5 to 11, Canadians join together to celebrate Veterans' Week.
This Veterans' Week, take time to remember by attending a Remembrance Day ceremony, visiting a local cenotaph or monument, sharing your thoughts of remembrance online, or wearing a poppy with pride. Learn more and find remembrance events and activities in your area at veterans.gc.ca .SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada Image with caption: "Veterans Affairs Minister Steven Blaney and Parliamentary Secretary Eve Adams laid a wreath this morning during a remembrance ceremony with the Senate Subcommittee on Veterans Affairs and the House of Commons Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs. (CNW Group/Veterans Affairs Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121106_C5207_PHOTO_EN_20238.jpg
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV