"We believe those private mortgage insurers (PMIs) that are able to avoid getting swamped by their legacy insurance portfolios should be extremely well positioned to take market share and grow going forward," BTIG's Palmer wrote in his report Monday.
While shares of Genworth and MGIC did not fall nearly as much as those of Radian on Monday, it seems plausible that many of the sellers didn't read the Barron's article carefully--if at all--and were unaware of the analyst reports. If so, that carelessness may provide a small opportunity for investors looking to rise the private mortgage insurer sector to recovery.
-- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV