AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMAG) today announced that four abstracts containing new data on treatment with Feraheme® (ferumoxytol) Injection for intravenous (IV) use in patients with iron deficiency anemia with a history of unsatisfactory oral iron therapy will be presented at the 2012 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology (ASH) taking place December 8-11, 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia.
The following abstracts have been accepted for presentation and are now available on the ASH website at www.hematology.org:
- “Ferumoxytol Treatment Results in Robust Hemoglobin Increases in Iron Deficiency Anemia Patients with a History of Unsatisfactory Oral Iron Therapy in a Phase III, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial” (Vadhan-Raj, et. al.)Session Name: 102. Regulation of Iron Metabolism: Poster II; Date: Sunday, December 9, 2012Presentation Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM; Location: Georgia World Congress Center, Hall B1-B2
- “Potential New Treatment Option for Iron Deficiency Anemia Patients with a History of Unsatisfactory Oral Iron Therapy- Results of a Phase III, Randomized, Open-Label, Active-Controlled Trial of Ferumoxytol” (Hetzel, et. al.)Session: 102. Regulation of Iron Metabolism: Poster II; Date: Sunday, December 9, 2012Presentation Time: 6:00 PM-8:00 PM; Location: Georgia World Congress Center, Hall B1-B2
- “Efficacy of Total Dose Administration (TDI) of 1012 Mg of Ferumoxytol Over 15 Minutes for the Treatment of Iron Deficient Anemia” (Auerbach, et. al.) Session Name: 102. Regulation of Iron Metabolism: Poster III ; Date: Monday, December 10, 2012 Presentation Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM; Location: Georgia World Congress Center, Hall B1-B2
- “Ferumoxytol Treatment Demonstrates Significant Improvements in Fatigue and Health-Related Quality of Life in Iron Deficiency Anemia Patients with a History of Unsatisfactory Oral Iron Therapy” (Vadhan-Raj, et. al.)Session Name: 901. Health Services and Outcomes Research: Benign hematology - iron metabolism, hemoglobinoapthies and coagulation;Session Date: Monday, December 10, 2012; Session Time: 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM; Presentation Time: 11:15 AM; Room: Georgia World Congress Center, C211-C213
About Feraheme (ferumoxytol)
In the United States, Feraheme® (ferumoxytol) Injection for Intravenous (IV) use is indicated for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia in adult chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients. Feraheme received marketing approval from the US Food and Drug Administration on June 30, 2009 and was commercially launched by AMAG in the US shortly thereafter. Ferumoxytol received marketing approval in Canada in December 2011, where it will be marketed by Takeda as Feraheme®, and in the European Union in June 2012 and Switzerland in August 2012, where it will be marketed by Takeda as Rienso®. For additional product information, please visit www.feraheme.com.About AMAG AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company that manufactures and markets Feraheme® in the United States. For additional company information, please visit www.amagpharma.com. AMAG Pharmaceuticals and Feraheme are registered trademarks of AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts