VKernel Supports Growing Microsoft Hyper-V User Base With New Free Tool
VKernel, now part of Dell Software, and the award-winning provider of enterprise-class capacity management and performance monitoring products for virtualized data centers and cloud environments, announced today the availability of VKernel’s highly regarded free tool, vOPS Server Explorer, as a Hyper-V virtual appliance. vOPS Server Explorer assesses virtual machine performance, efficiency and capacity in a easy to download, simple to install virtual appliance.
Previously available for VMware vSphere and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environments, this release marks vOPS Server Explorer availability for Hyper-V environments and is designed to meet the growing installed base of Hyper-V customers.
“vOPS Server Explorer complements Microsoft’s System Center with additional functionality such as detecting critical VM configurations, inefficiency and waste to maximize performance and ROI,” says Tommy Patterson, Sr. IT Pro Evangelist – Virtualization & Cloud at Microsoft. “Are you a held hostage in the virtualization hunger games? Now, admins have the analysis and advice at their fingertips that help them become victors instead of victims.”
Virtual environments are dynamic and in constant change, making it challenging for administrators to maintain control over the environments. Establishing just how in control or out of control an environment may be requires a significant amount of manual data mining and calculations. VKernel’s vOPS Server Explorer uses the same analytics and advisory engine from the paid vOPS Server Standard product to provide virtual administrators with a rapid assessment of the state of their environment.Customers use the product to:
- Identify critical VM configuration errors such as memory limits and old snapshots that will severely affect performance and can be especially hard to track down and solve.
- Recognize performance bottlenecks from high CPU ready, memory swapping, device latency and other causes.
- Detect inefficiency/waste created by VMs with CPU, memory and storage over allocation.
- Find available capacity expressed as the number of VMs that can be deployed without causing performance bottlenecks.
- Pinpoint oversubscription of CPU, memory and storage resources and whether the over-allocation is impacting performance.
- Search for a specific VMs using Google Like search capability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV