- Including distressed sales, the five states with the highest home price appreciation were: Arizona (+18.7 percent), Idaho (+13.1 percent), Nevada (+11.0 percent), Hawaii (+8.9 percent) and Utah (+8.7 percent).
- Including distressed sales, the five states with the greatest home price depreciation were: Rhode Island (-3.5 percent), Illinois (-2.3 percent), New Jersey (-1.8 percent), Alabama (-1.3 percent) and Delaware (-0.5 percent).
- Excluding distressed sales, the five states with the highest home price appreciation were: Arizona (+14.0 percent), Idaho (+10.5 percent), Nevada (+9.5 percent), Montana (+8.5 percent) and California (+8.4 percent).
- Excluding distressed sales, this month only four states posted home price depreciation: Alabama (-3.1 percent), New Jersey (-1.6 percent), Delaware (-1.4 percent) and Rhode Island (-1.3 percent).
- Including distressed transactions, the peak-to-current change in the national HPI (from April 2006 to September 2012) was -27.0 percent. Excluding distressed transactions, the peak-to-current change in the HPI for the same period was -20.4 percent.
- The five states with the largest peak-to-current declines, including distressed transactions, are Nevada (-53.9 percent), Florida (-44.7 percent), Arizona (-41.7 percent), California (-37.2 percent) and Michigan (-35.0 percent).
- Of the top 100 Core Based Statistical Areas (CBSAs) measured by population, 18 are showing year-over-year declines in September, nine fewer than in August.
CoreLogic® September Home Price Index Rises 5 Percent Year-Over-Year
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.