Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP) (NYSE: LPX) reported today results for the third quarter of 2012, which included the following:
- Total sales for the third quarter of $468 million were higher by 33 percent compared to the year ago quarter.
- Income from continuing operations was $31 million ($0.22 per diluted share).
- Non-GAAP adjusted income from continuing operations was $29 million ($0.20 per diluted share).
- Adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations for the third quarter was $75 million compared to a loss of $3 million in the third quarter of 2011.
- Cash and cash equivalents were $491 million as of September 30, 2012.
“LP is very pleased to report significantly better results as we were able to take advantage of an improving housing market in the quarter,” CEO Curt Stevens said. “With the increasingly favorable news in housing trends, we are optimistic that the market will continue to steadily recover.”
For the quarter ended September 30, 2012, LP reported net sales of $468 million, an increase from $351 million in the third quarter of 2011. For the third quarter, the company reported an operating income of $44 million as compared to a loss of $73 million in the third quarter of 2011. The results for the third quarter of 2011 included an impairment charge on long-lived assets of $65 million.
For the third quarter of 2012, LP reported income from continuing operations of $31 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, as compared to a loss from continuing operations of $59 million, or $0.44 per diluted share for the third quarter of 2011.ORIENTED STRAND BOARD (OSB) SEGMENT LP's OSB segment manufactures and distributes OSB structural panel products. LP is currently operating seven facilities and has indefinitely curtailed three other facilities due to market conditions. The OSB segment reported net sales for the third quarter of 2012 of $227 million, an increase from $139 million of net sales in the third quarter of 2011. For the third quarter of 2012, the OSB segment reported operating income of $49 million compared with a loss of $16 million in the third quarter of 2011. For the third quarter, LP realized an increase of $64 million in adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations for this segment compared to the third quarter of 2011. For the third quarter of 2012 compared to the third quarter of 2011, sales volumes were up 11 percent with sales price increasing by 50 percent. The increase in sales price accounted for approximately a $71 million increase in both operating results and adjusted EBITDA from continuing operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV