Danaher Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (DHR)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- DANAHER CORP has improved earnings per share by 5.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DANAHER CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.77 versus $2.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.16 versus $2.77).
- DHR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.15, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for DANAHER CORP is rather high; currently it is at 56.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.40% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $961.14 million or 37.31% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DANAHER CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -59.37%.
- Despite the weak revenue results, DHR has outperformed against the industry average of 12.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. FREE for a limited time only: Get TheStreet Ratings #1 Stock Report NOW!
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts