- Operating revenues increased 4.6% to $235.4 million in third quarter 2012 and 4.2% to $703.1 million for nine months 2012.
- Net income declined by 3.0% to $48.3 million in third quarter 2012. Net income grew 0.6% to $129.8 million for nine months 2012.
- Adjusted EBITDA (defined below) grew by 4.3% to $108.1 million in third quarter 2012 despite the impact of higher severance expenses. For nine months 2012, Adjusted EBITDA grew by 0.9% to $317.9 million. Third quarter 2012 Adjusted EBITDA margin declined slightly to 45.9% from 46.0% and nine months 2012 Adjusted EBITDA margin fell to 45.2% from 46.7%.
- Diluted EPS for third quarter 2012 fell 2.5% to $0.39 and nine months 2012 Diluted EPS was unchanged at $1.05.
- Third quarter 2012 Adjusted EPS (defined below) was unchanged at $0.49. Nine months 2012 Adjusted EPS rose 2.9% to $1.43.
MSCI Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.