Please see below for the definition of adjusted OIBDA and a discussion of why management believes the presentation of adjusted OIBDA provides useful information for investors. Schedule 2 to this press release provides a reconciliation of adjusted OIBDA for Starz, LLC to its operating income for the same period, as determined under GAAP.
|(amounts in millions)||3Q11||4Q11||1Q12||2Q12||3Q12|
|Subscription units – Starz||19.0||19.6||20.1||20.7||20.8|
|Subscription units – Encore||32.8||33.2||33.6||34.2||34.3|
NON-GAAP FINANCIAL MEASURES
This press release includes a presentation of adjusted OIBDA, which is a non-GAAP financial measure, for Liberty Media and Starz LLC, together with a reconciliation to that entity’s operating income, as determined under GAAP. Liberty Media defines adjusted OIBDA as revenue less operating expenses, and selling, general and administrative expenses (excluding stock and other equity-based compensation) and excludes from that definition depreciation and amortization, restructuring and impairment charges and legal settlements that are included in the measurement of operating income pursuant to GAAP.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV