From August 1, 2012 through October 31, 2012, 0.2 million shares of Series A Liberty Capital common stock (Nasdaq: LMCA) were purchased at an average cost per share of $105.72 for total cash consideration of $22.3 million. Since the reclassification of the original Liberty Capital tracking stock on March 4, 2008 through October 31, 2012, 57.7 million shares have been repurchased at an average cost per share of $31.60 for total cash consideration of $1.8 billion. These repurchases represent 44.7% of the shares outstanding at the time of the introduction of the original Liberty Capital stock. Liberty Media has approximately $918 million remaining under its current stock repurchase authorization.
Liberty Media Corporation owns interests in a broad range of media, communications and entertainment businesses. Those interests include its subsidiaries Starz, LLC, Atlanta National League Baseball Club, Inc. and TruePosition, Inc., interests in SiriusXM and Live Nation and minority equity investments in Barnes & Noble, Time Warner Inc. and Viacom.
|1)||Liberty Media’s President and CEO, Gregory B. Maffei, will discuss these highlights and other matters in Liberty Media’s earnings conference call which will begin at 11:45 a.m. (ET) on November 6, 2012. For information regarding how to access the call, please see “Important Notice” later in this document.|
|2)||For a definition of adjusted OIBDA and applicable reconciliations see the accompanying schedules.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV