Liberty Interactive Corporation (“Liberty”) (Nasdaq: LINTA, LINTB, LVNTA, LVNTB) today reported third quarter results. Highlights include (1):
Grew consolidated QVC revenue by 2% and adjusted OIBDA
- Grew QVC US revenue by 3% and adjusted OIBDA by 7%
- QVC.com revenue as a percent of total US revenue increased to 39%, a 4 point increase
- Operating income increased 11%
Recapitalized our common stock into two tracking stocks, Liberty
Interactive Group and Liberty Ventures Group
- Shareholder value creation of $2.6 billion
- Successfully completed rights offering at Liberty Ventures Group, raising $328 million
“QVC continues to produce strong results, especially on a constant currency basis, despite a challenging macroeconomic environment, and we are pleased with the performance of our newest market, China,” stated Greg Maffei, Liberty President and CEO. “We successfully completed the recapitalization of the company’s common stock into two tracking stocks, which increased shareholder value by $2.6 billion. Our share repurchases were lower this quarter, as we were out of the market for six weeks due to the recapitalization. But, we remain committed to repurchases at the Liberty Interactive Group and the board of directors has increased our repurchase authorization by $1 billion.”
LIBERTY INTERACTIVE GROUP - Liberty Interactive Group’s revenue increased 3% to $2.2 billion in the third quarter, adjusted OIBDA increased 5% to $397 million and operating income decreased 14% to $193 million. The increase in revenue was due to favorable results at QVC and the eCommerce companies. The increase in adjusted OIBDA for the quarter was due to favorable results at QVC, which was offset by unfavorable results at the eCommerce companies. The decrease in operating income for the quarter was primarily due to unfavorable results at the eCommerce companies and the impairment of goodwill of one of the eCommerce companies during the quarter.
QVCQVC's consolidated revenue increased 2% in the third quarter to $1.9 billion. During the same period, adjusted OIBDA increased 6% to $397 million and operating income increased 11% to $260 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV