Rediff.com India Limited (Nasdaq: REDF), India’s leading online provider of news, information, communication, entertainment and shopping services, today announced the launch of its Realtime News App for Microsoft’s latest operating system, Windows 8. The launch marks the company’s continued efforts to innovate the delivery of information to users across multiple devices and technology platforms, and extend its leadership in the online news marketplace.
Rediff’s Realtime News App now brings India as it happens to the new generation of touch screen devices and laptops powered by the Windows 8 operating system. The user interface conforms to the Metro UX style of the Windows 8 platform, thus enabling a seamless experience while browsing the app for news.
With the latest headlines and top stories visible at a glance, users now have a better sense of what is happening at that moment across 30,000 Indian and International publications. Users can simply swipe and touch their surface tablets or enjoy the desktop version of the app.
The top stories are presented in an image-rich, tiled view organized into six categories of Top News, World News, Entertainment, Business, Cricket and Sports. Choosing a category tile takes the user to the top stories in that category. The top stories are consolidated by clustering all the available news articles in that category. Selecting a story takes the user to the full article on the original news source.Additionally, readers can share articles with their family, friends and colleagues using the Windows 8 Share charm, without leaving the application they are currently using. Windows 8 live tile notifications keep the user updated with the latest headlines that are being published, even when the app is not fired up. The app conforms to the snapped view of Windows 8 thus enabling the user to follow news while doing other things on the device.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV