- Reported revenue for the quarter totaled $709.0 million, a decrease of 1% from $713.8 million in the third quarter of 2011. Excluding the impact of foreign currency, local currency sales increased 5%.
- On a like-for-like basis, which excludes the impact of proactively managing the exit of low-margin Flavors sales activities, local currency sales increased 7%.
- Reported net income totaled $16.4 million, or $0.20 per diluted share, for the third quarter. Reported net income includes $72.4 million of tax expense related to the previously announced Spanish tax settlement.
- Excluding the impact of the $72.4 million charge in the third quarter related to the Spanish tax settlement and a $0.6 million reversal of a restructuring charge in the prior year third quarter, adjusted net income increased 9% to $88.7 million versus adjusted net income of $81.8 million in the prior year period.
- Adjusted EPS grew 8% to $1.08 per share from $1.00 in the third quarter of 2011.
IFF Reports Third Quarter 2012 Local Currency Sales Growth Of 5% And Adjusted EPS Growth Of 8% To $1.08 Per Share
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.