Amedisys, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMED), a leading home health and hospice company, today reported its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Three-Month Periods Ended September 30, 2012 and 2011
• After adding back $574.1 million ($434.6 million, net of income tax) or $15.10 per diluted share for the goodwill and other intangibles impairment charge in 2011, the following would have been our adjusted results:
• Net service revenue of $375.6 million compared to $370.3 million in 2011, an increase of $5.3 million or 1.4%.• Net income from continuing operations attributable to Amedisys, Inc., of $10.0 million compared to $12.3 million in 2011, a decrease of 19.2%. • Net income from continuing operations attributable to Amedisys, Inc. per diluted share of $0.33 compared to $0.42 per diluted share in 2011, a decrease of 21.4%. • Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization attributable to continuing operations (“EBITDA”) of $24.9 million compared to $29.0 million in 2011, a decrease of 14.0%. Nine-Month Periods Ended September 30, 2012 and 2011 • After adding back $574.1 million ($434.6 million, net of income tax) or $15.18 per diluted share for the goodwill and other intangibles impairment charge in 2011, the following would have been our adjusted results: • Net service revenue of $1,124.9 million compared to $1,098.0 million in 2011, an increase of $26.9 million or 2.5%. • Net income from continuing operations attributable to Amedisys, Inc., of $24.4 million compared to $52.2 million in 2011, a decrease of 53.2%. • Net income from continuing operations attributable to Amedisys, Inc. per diluted share of $0.81 compared to $1.80 per diluted share in 2011, a decrease of 55.0%. • EBITDA of $73.8 million compared to $118.0 million in 2011, a decrease of 37.5%. William F. Borne, Chief Executive Officer stated, “Overall, we were pleased with bottom line results for the quarter and remain on pace to meet our earnings plans for the year. Job and investment tax credits benefitted quarterly results. Operationally, we displayed our second consecutive quarter of positive year-over-year episodic admissions growth, continued to grow our managed care business and our hospice average census was up considerably. Our focus remains on providing excellent care to our patients, growing our business and achieving greater efficiencies as we navigate reimbursement pressures.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV