- Restaurant sales increased 87.1% to $169.5 million including $75.1 million in sales from the 278 BURGER KING® restaurants that were acquired on May 30, 2012;
- Comparable restaurant sales at legacy restaurants were strong and increased 6.2%, including customer traffic growth of 3.6%;
- Net loss from continuing operations was $6.7 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, compared to net income from continuing operations of $0.4 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, in the prior year period;
- Net loss from continuing operations included certain charges, including integration costs related to the acquisition and costs related to the Company's EEOC litigation, which in total were approximately $5.3 million or $0.14 per diluted share after tax. The net loss also included a $1.4 million charge ($0.06 per diluted share) to tax expense for a valuation allowance against certain deferred tax assets. Net income from continuing operations in the prior year period included a loss on refinancing of $1.2 million, or $0.03 per diluted share after tax;
- Adjusted EBITDA, a non-GAAP measure, was $7.1 million compared to $8.4 million in the prior year period. (Adjusted EBITDA is before $3.4 million of integration costs but includes a $1.9 million charge related to the EEOC litigation. Refer to the reconciliation of Adjusted EBITDA to net income (loss) from continuing operations in the tables at the end of this release).
Carrols Restaurant Group, Inc. Reports Financial Results For The Third Quarter Of 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.