- Third quarter 2012 results included approximately $8 million of charges primarily related to restructuring activities and actions to improve future operating performance, and approximately $88 million related to non-cash asset impairment charges with $73 million recognized in the North American Retail Division and $15 million recognized in the International Division.
- Excluding the restructuring and impairment charges (after tax), third quarter 2012 net earnings, after preferred stock dividends, would have been approximately $18 million or $0.06 per share.
- Third quarter 2011 results included approximately $6 million of charges primarily related to restructuring activities and other costs intended to improve efficiency and benefit operations in future periods, as well as a benefit from the reversal of approximately $99 million of combined tax and interest accruals for uncertain tax positions. Excluding these charges and the benefit from the reversal of accruals, the Company would have had a net loss, after preferred stock dividends, of about $700 thousand or zero cents per share in the third quarter of 2011.
Office Depot Announces Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.