- Third quarter 2012 results included approximately $8 million of charges primarily related to restructuring activities and actions to improve future operating performance, and approximately $88 million related to non-cash asset impairment charges with $73 million recognized in the North American Retail Division and $15 million recognized in the International Division.
- Excluding the restructuring and impairment charges (after tax), third quarter 2012 net earnings, after preferred stock dividends, would have been approximately $18 million or $0.06 per share.
- Third quarter 2011 results included approximately $6 million of charges primarily related to restructuring activities and other costs intended to improve efficiency and benefit operations in future periods, as well as a benefit from the reversal of approximately $99 million of combined tax and interest accruals for uncertain tax positions. Excluding these charges and the benefit from the reversal of accruals, the Company would have had a net loss, after preferred stock dividends, of about $700 thousand or zero cents per share in the third quarter of 2011.
Office Depot Announces Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.