Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter Highlights
- Total revenue for the third quarter was $18.7 million, a 39% year over year increase from $13.5 million in the third quarter of 2011
- Subscription revenue for the third quarter was $16.3 million, a 45% year over year increase from $11.2 million in the third quarter of 2011
- 137 live customers and 517 live sites at September 30, 2012
- Order Center, Demandware’s order management application, implemented in production environment for an early adopter customer
“Our strong subscription revenue growth in the third quarter is further evidence that the Demandware Commerce platform empowers our customers to grow faster, innovate quicker and launch new eCommerce sites more rapidly,” stated Tom Ebling, Chief Executive Officer of Demandware. “We believe that our robust cloud-based eCommerce solution is the best alternative to meet the rigorous requirements of today’s fastest growing retailers and branded manufacturers. Our third quarter financial results demonstrate that our solution is helping customers meet these requirements enabling them to grow their eCommerce businesses. ”
- Demandware signed significant new customers during the quarter including American Golf, Black Diamond, and Sunbeam Products (Jarden Consumer Solutions).
- Browns Shoes, Oreck, Gianni Versace, Pier 1 Imports, Tamaris Shoes, and GORE BIKE WEAR® and GORE RUNNING WEAR® Apparel brands from W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc. were among the leading companies that launched new initial sites on the Demandware Commerce platform during the third quarter.
- Existing customers like Butlers GmbH, Clarins, L’Oreal, New Balance, Reitmans, and Summit Sports launched new ecommerce sites for new geographies or for new brands on the Demandware Commerce platform.
“During the quarter, we continued to invest in expanding our global sales team, enhancing our brand awareness, and innovating our technology platform,” stated Scott Dussault, Demandware Chief Financial Officer. “We are confident that these investments will enable us to further deepen our penetration in the large, robust market for enterprise-class, cloud based eCommerce solutions.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV