The servicing segment pre-tax income included a $22.4 million decrease in the fair value of mortgage servicing rights, $4.1 million of interest expense resulting from the July and September bond issuances that were not deployed during the quarter, and $3.9 million of deal expenses associated with ResCap and other transactions.
The fair value of mortgage servicing rights decreased in the current quarter by $22.4 million, or $0.25 per share pre-tax, versus a decrease in value of $20.9 million, or $0.23 per share pre-tax, in the prior quarter. The $22.4 million decrease in fair value in the current quarter is primarily due to portfolio run-off.
Segment AEBITDA increased by 13% in the current quarter to $42.1 million compared to $37.4 million in the second quarter 2012 and was up 69% from $24.9 million in the third quarter of 2011. AEBITDA was higher than both periods due to higher average servicing portfolio balances.
Nationstar’s average portfolio UPB for the period was $159 billion which was an increase over the prior quarter average of $115 billion. In July, Nationstar completed the integration of the $63 billion Aurora servicing portfolio. The Aurora portfolio presents the opportunity for Nationstar to increase capacity, improve loan performance and drive originations volume through recapture, further enhancing its economic value.In July, Nationstar completed the boarding of a $10 billion GSE forward portfolio. In September, Nationstar closed on a $6 billion GSE forward portfolio. Nationstar’s 60 plus day delinquency rate increased to 15.1% of UPB, up from 11.7% in the second quarter. This increase is related to the boarding of the Aurora and Bank of America portfolios which each had a higher delinquency percentage than the remainder of the servicing. Excluding the Aurora and Bank of America portfolios, the 60-day delinquency rate was unchanged from the second quarter at 11.7%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV