Gold for December delivery was rising $8.90 to $1,692.10 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange, while December crude oil contracts were up 79 cents at $86.44 a barrel.
The benchmark 10-year Treasury fell 3/32, pushing the yield up to 1.7%. The dollar was down 0.13%, according to the
In corporate news, shares of AOL were popping by more than 3% in premarket trading after the Web content company booked stronger-than-anticipated third-quarter earnings, helped by the most robust growth in advertising in seven years.
CVS Caremark shares were adding more than 2% after the pharmacy health care provider hiked its full-year profit guidance and reported third-quarter earnings that were better than estimated, amid optimism about its pharmacy-services business.Express Scripts (ESRX) shares were plunging more than 12.5% after the pharmacy benefit manager reported Monday a 20% increase in third-quarter profit but warned that 2013 could bring a weaker business climate. Zillow (Z) , the real estate information company, on Monday gave a soft revenue outlook for the final quarter of 2012. The company also announced a small acquisition, spending $12 million in cash and 150,000 restricted shares to purchase Mortech, a Lincoln, Neb.-based mortgage software and services company. Shares were plunging more than 16.5%. Nike (NKE) is close to a deal to sell its Cole Haan brand to Apax Partners for about $500 million, The New York Times reported. A deal could be announced next week, according to two people briefed on the matter, the newspaper said. Shares were up 0.37%. Stock exchange operator NYSE Euronext (NYX) said Tuesday that third-quarter net revenue declined 21% to $559 million amid weaker trading in the U.S. and Europe. Net income fell 42%. -- Written by Andrea Tse in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV