Akorn, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKRX), a niche generic pharmaceutical company, today reported financial results for the third quarter of 2012.
Third Quarter Highlights
- Thirteenth consecutive quarter of growth in core business revenue and adjusted EBITDA. Akorn’s core business consists of the ophthalmic, hospital drugs & injectables and contract services segments.
- Revenue growth of 90% over the comparable prior year quarter.
- Strong operating cash flow of $15.0 million.
- Received FDA approval for three new ANDAs including Progesterone Capsule, which launched in late October.
- Launched three new products: Latanoprost Ophthalmic Solution; Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfates, Bacitracin Zinc and Hydrocortisone Ophthalmic Ointment; and Benztropine Mesylate Injection, the authorized generic of Cogentin®.
- Filed 5 new internally developed ANDAs and completed the development on an additional 5 ANDAs with a combined annual market size of approximately $1.0 billion.
Raj Rai, Chief Executive Officer commented, “We had another outstanding quarter with solid growth, sustained gross margins and impressive cash flow. The third quarter results are a culmination of successful execution of our strategic initiatives consisting of completing acquisitions and reviving and re-launching products in which the market dynamics have improved. In the third quarter we also launched three new products and we are particularly excited about the recent approval of generic Prometrium®. These recent approvals and launches are expected to be meaningful growth drivers in 2013.”
Rai further added, “We were forced to close our manufacturing plant in Somerset, NJ for more than one week due to power outages caused by Hurricane Sandy. The good news is that all of our employees are safe and accounted for, and our plant did not suffer any infrastructure damage. As a result of the storm, we expect to lose approximately two weeks of production. Consequently, we anticipate 2012 revenues will be in the mid-range of our previously issued guidance of $248 to $258 million.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV