MAHWAH, New Jersey, November 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Radware ® (NASDAQ: RDWR), a leading provider of application delivery and application security solutions for virtual and cloud data centers, today announces the introduction of DefensePro ® x420, the next-generation hardware platform in the company's flagship DefensePro application security suite.
With the ability to handle 25 million packets per second of attack traffic, regardless of packet size, as well as up to 40Gbps of legitimate traffic, DefensePro x420 offers the world's highest mitigation capacity and is designed to protect organizations from the industry's highest volume denial-of-service (DoS) and distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
"Today's attacks destroy customer experience and have the potential to take down systems for weeks on end," says Avi Chesla, chief technology officer, Radware. "As organizations are overwhelmed by crippling network and application level attacks, industry demands have called for a more powerful, high-capacity solution. Our response is DefensePro x420, which is agnostic to packet size and capable of separating legitimate and non-legitimate traffic between hardware components. It is also part of the Radware Attack Mitigation System (AMS), which is the most advanced attack mitigation solution available on the market today."Additional industry-leading attack mitigation features of Radware's DefensePro x420 solution include:
- High Throughput Processing: Critical to the demanding nature of today's online businesses, DefensePro x420 offers performance throughput of up to 40Gbps.
- Complete Separation of Legitimate and Attack Traffic Processing: Unique to Radware's solutions, DefensePro is able to identify and separate legitimate and illegitimate traffic and handle each traffic type by a separated processing hardware. This ensures that the quality of experience for a legitimate user is never diminished or compromised, even during a massive application layer attack.
- Industry Exclusive 40G Ports: Recognizing the evolution of data centers, Radware has armed the DefensePro x420 with both 10G and 40G ports to support current and future networks.
- Critical Component of Radware ' s Award Winning Attack Mitigation Solution (AMS): Radware's AMS includes integration of critical inspection and analysis modules, including Anti-DoS, Network and Application Behavioral Analysis (NBA), IPS, Web Application Firewall (WAF) and reputation engine capabilities that continuously monitor traffic, providing protection against a wide range of cyber attacks and fully safeguarding networks, servers and applications against known and emerging network security threats. DefensePro also uses patent-protected behavioral based real-time signature technology to detect and mitigates emerging network attacks in real time.
- Major Enhancements to Challenge-Response Rate: Connection-based application DDoS attacks are on the rise with a greater application transaction attack rate than ever. Radware's DP application challenge response mechanism can now perform up to multi-million application challenge /sec. Thus, applications are quickly and effectively shielded from the most intense, high-volume application level DDoS attacks.