VIENNA, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MOMENTUM 2012 --
- Announces EMC Documentum Platform 7.0
- New xMS technology accelerates deployment from weeks to hours
- Enhances Documentum xPlore for better, faster, integrated search
- Lowers TCO by significantly improving performance and reduces investment required in IT infrastructure
- Further improves security through FIPS 140-2 Level 1 compliance and 128-bit AES encryption
- Available via EMC OnDemand, a hosted deployment model
The foundation for EMC® Documentum® xCP 2.0 (also announced today), Documentum 7 adds to its core strengths with a focus on accelerating time to value for customers and partners, delivering the agility, intelligence and productivity required to transform business. Documentum 7 delivers agility for today's cloud era. Co-developed with VMware, xMS is a new approach to private cloud deployment that leverages EMC best practices and policy-based repeatability, enabling the provisioning of the Documentum stack in hours instead of weeks. The Documentum Platform is also available via EMC® OnDemand as a private cloud deployment hosted model, fully managed by EMC experts. With OnDemand, customers can be online within hours, and focus their resources on areas other than managing the technology infrastructure required for mission-critical systems. With EMC Documentum xPlore, Documentum 7 provides integrated search for greater information intelligence. Documentum xPlore is a feature rich search engine that now includes thesaurus support, automated indexing, integrated content analytics and faceted navigation. This provides a significant performance improvement, and quality of search across an organization.