Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS), provider of the leading Progress® Apama® Complex Event Processing (CEP) platform, and Caplin Systems Ltd, provider of web trading technology to the capital markets, today announced a partnership to deliver the Progress Apama Capital Markets Platform integrated with Caplin's single-dealer platform framework. The combined solution provides a complete end-to-end e-commerce platform across multiple asset classes, and is fully accessible from a variety of mobile platforms.
The combined solution, first demonstrated in April 2012, has already been selected by a major Northern European Bank for their institutional and retail FX spot and derivatives business. Both Caplin and Progress are widely-deployed in the FX market and the combined offering is a result of significant customer-led demand for an end-to-end solution.
The partnership enables delivery of Caplin Trader, an HTML5 front end that runs on the Caplin Platform, for end-user client access to capabilities provided by the Progress Apama Capital platform. These include algorithmic trading and smart order routing across multiple, aggregated FX spot and derivatives markets, real-time price generation for RFQ and streaming, auto-hedging of risk positions and order internalisation strategies.
- Dr Richard Bentley, Vice President, Capital Markets at Progress Software, commented, “Partnering with Caplin is a natural choice for us, as we both attract customers with similar profiles – banks that require robust, proven technology but need the freedom to tailor their solution and differentiate their offering, as well as confidence that the technology will scale as their business grows.”
- Paul Caplin, CEO, Caplin Systems added, “This partnership brings together two highly compatible and best in class technologies enabling our clients to provide a next-generation trading service. We are delighted but not surprised at how quickly the combined offering is gaining market traction.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV