Korean Medical Technology Spreading Worldwide
SEOUL, South Korea, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As foreign patients visiting South Korea have annually increased in recent years, they are looking for specialized medical institutions in specific regions out of Seoul. In 2011, 122,000 foreign patients visited South Korea, 63.7% of who received treatment in Seoul while the remaining 36.3% chose specialized medical institutions in other regions.
Hair Transplant Technology Astonishing the World
The reputation of Kyungpook National University Hospital (KNUH) in the field of hair transplant and restoring research is attracting foreign patients and medical personnel.
The Hair Transplantation Center of the KNUH received 95 foreign patients from Russia, China and Arab in 2011. The number of foreign patients is on the rise as Dr. Kim Jung Chul, the director of the Hair Transplantation Center of the KNUH, is receiving worldwide recognition as a renowned hair transplant specialist. Many foreign doctors around the world are visiting KNUH to learn Dr. Kim's hair transplant techniques.Japan, Learning the Orthopaedic surgery, hip and knee replacement of South Korea Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital in South Korea ranks among the highest in Korea for its practice in the field of orthopaedic surgery. As the director of the Joint Center at Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital (CNUHH), Professor Rim Yoon-taek has received international recognition in the field of orthopaedic surgery. Doctors around the world are visiting the center to observe the Live Surgery conducted by Professor Yoon. In September, Professor Yoon conducted the "live surgery" for visiting doctors from Japan and others. During this course, a patient from Vladivostok, Russia received surgery after three failed attempts in China. After the live surgery, the visiting doctors remarked, "this state-of-the-art surficial technique is really amazing" and added that "not only was the operation method differentiating, but the dexterity of the medical team was astonishing". Professor Yoon has been inviting foreign doctors periodically for about 10 years and has been educating his surgical technique. About 250 foreign doctors have been trained until now. He stated, "I expect that more foreign patients and doctors who seek state-of-the-art joint medical care will visit Korea."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV