JOHANNESBURG, November 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Gold Fields Limited (Gold Fields) (JSE, NYSE, NASDAQ Dubai: GFI) is pleased to announce that employees this morning returned to work at its KDC East Mine (formerly Kloof) to resume production after a 23-day strike. All three of Gold Fields' operating mines in South Africa are now back in production.
The mine had dismissed 8,100 employees on October 23 for participation in the unlawful strike over the preceding nine days. However, after a deal with the National Union of Mineworkers, the vast majority of them were reinstated to their previous positions. All employees are also eligible for benefits under the Chamber of Mines Settlement Agreement concluded on 25 October 2012.
Notes to EditorsAbout Gold Fields Gold Fields is one of the world's largest unhedged producers of gold with attributable annualised production of 3.5 million gold equivalent ounces from eight operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa. Gold Fields also has an extensive and diverse global growth pipeline with four major projects in resource development and feasibility, with construction decisions expected in the next 18 to 24 months. Gold Fields has total attributable gold equivalent Mineral Reserves of 80.6 million ounces and Mineral Resources of 217 million ounces. Gold Fields is listed on the JSE Limited (primary listing), the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NASDAQ Dubai Limited, Euronext in Brussels (NYX) and the Swiss Exchange (SWX). Sponsor: J.P. Morgan Equities Limited Enquiries Willie Jacobsz Tel: +27-11-562-9775 Mobile: +27-82-971-9238 Email: Willie.Jacobsz@goldfields.co.za Sven Lunsche Tel: +27-11-562-9763 Mobile: +27-83-260-9279 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Gold Fields Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV