Shares of Anadarko Petroleum (APC) have slid 7% in 2012.
"For the oil & gas companies, we think there are several benefits to Romney winning the Presidential Election," Scott Hanold said. "Several initiatives could gain some traction including the prospects of opening up more drilling in the offshore and on federal land. In particular, Anadarko Petroleum (APC) should be poised to benefit because of its strong track record of success in the offshore provinces around the world, including the Gulf of Mexico where it produces 18-20% of its total volumes."
Oasis Petroleum (OAS) is another stock that could gain from a Romney win. As a 100% Bakken play, it will benefit from the Keystone approval, which will allow it to gain access to high margin markets.Analysts are overwhelmingly bullish on Anadarko, with only four out of 32 rating the stock a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV