Shares of Amphenol (APH) are up 36% in 2012.
Amphenol is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of electrical, electronic and fiber optic connectors.
The defense segment accounts for 12% of the company revenues but generates about 25% of its operating margin, according to the analyst. The segment has underperformed more recently due to uncertainty about the future of defense spending."We believe a Romney win will likely be a positive for defense spending and hence for Amphenol's defense-centric revenues and earnings per share (12% and 20%, respectively)," analyst Amit Daryanani wrote. He expects that the removal of these overhangs would also allow the company to command a higher multiple in the market. Nine analysts rate the stock a buy or outperform, while five analysts maintain a hold rating. Two analysts have an underperform or sell rating on the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV