Foreign Doctors Come To South Korea For Training
SEOUL, South Korea,
Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Foreign physicians are visiting
South Korea to learn the Korean medical technologies first hand. There is also an increase in invitations for Korean physicians to give lectures at foreign institutions.
World-Class Stomach Cancer survival rates
Dr. Sam Yun of Harvard University, expert in stomach cancer operations, chose South Korea to treat his mother's stomach cancer. The Seoul National University Hospital, which successfully operated on Dr. Yun's mother, had provided the highest number of stomach cancer operations in the world, recording at 9 million operations with the fatality rate 0.6% lower than EU's 10%.
In recent years, nearly a thousand foreign doctors have come to learn its technologies.Unparalleled Organ Transplantation One of the world famous medical technologies in South Korea is organ transplantation. In 1999, Asan Medical Center raised the success rate for liver transplantation to 95%. In 2000, it was first to succeed in transplanting parts of the liver from two donors into one patient. They even succeeded in transplanting from a donor with a different blood type. It holds the world record with 3,500 organ transplant operations. More than 100 organ transplant specialists visit annually to learn its organ transplantation. World Leader in Lung Cancer Surgeries South Korea boasts advanced medical technologies in lung cancer surgeries. In 2010, Samsung Medical Center recorded the world's highest post-operative survival rate at 82%. The survival rate for third stage lung cancer was at 18%, nearly doubling the international average. The Center performed over 5,000 lung cancer surgeries in the past 18 years and in recent years, 58% of the operations were conducted through endoscope. To better understand these surgeries, over 45 foreign specialists have visited the Center for the past three years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV