People who rendered the most recent batch of iPads a failure have been proven wrong.
Apple sold more tablets this past weekend than any other tablet maker outside of Samsung has sold in three months (Recent IDC data makes that clear).
If there's anything wrong with Apple in the near term it's that it's having trouble keeping up with demand. I'll trust that Tim Cook remedies the situation.
With that in mind, any chaos at Apple will impact upon the company's long-term ability to innovate new products in the absence of Steve Jobs.For at least this holiday quarter through the January 2013 earnings report and probably into the first half of the new year, nobody touches Apple. At under $600, it screams buy. In fact, I intend to accumulate long-dated, in-the-money call options on the stock as the quarter close nears. I want to be in this thing for the bear trap that is Apple's first-quarter fiscal 2013 earnings release. I don't want to be anywhere near Intel. I can't put faith in the dividend yield providing support above $20 as erosion of the company's core business continues. I'm afraid INTC in the teens becomes a reality next year, if not sooner. As for Facebook, very much like Apple, it still dictates the terms of engagement in social media and, as a result, in the mobile advertising game. All hysterical reactionary ranting and raving aside, Facebook and Apple operate from positions of relative strength. You can no longer say that about Intel. This reality makes buy/sell decisions on the three stocks much less fuzzy than election day noise. At the time of publication the author had a position in FB. Follow @RoccoPendola This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV