On November 2, 2012, a jury in the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon issued a verdict in the Bixby et al v. KBR case involving alleged sodium dichromate exposure in Iraq at the Qarmat Ali water treatment facility in 2003. The jury found in favor of twelve plaintiffs on their claims, and awarded them $10.2 million in actual damages and $75 million in punitive damages.
This is a jury verdict, and not a final judgment in the case. The potential KBR financial impact is unknown until a final judgment is entered by the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, which may differ from the jury verdict. Following the final judgment, KBR’s actions may include appealing the decision, seeking to enforce KBR’s indemnity rights under the Restore Iraqi Oil contract with the U.S. Army, and seeking reimbursement for all incurred costs for which KBR is entitled pursuant to the contract under the Federal Acquisition Regulations. The timing of the final judgment and ensuing KBR actions are unknown at this time.
KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV