NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- After the mugging Hurricane Sandy delivered to a huge swath of the U.S., many investors became turned off to insurance stocks. It has led to a buying opportunity. Let's dig a little deeper.
All insurance companies are not created equal and their exposure to the devastation of Sandy isn't equal either. That's why the analyst at Morgan Stanley who covers insurance companies recently predicted many companies will take an earnings hit in the fourth quarter to cover the losses they'll be paying.
Yet, according to an editorial in the
Wall Street Journal by Brett Arends, "...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV