ATHENS, Greece, Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Paragon Shipping Inc. (NYSE: PRGN) ("Paragon Shipping" or the "Company"), today announced that the previously announced one-for-ten reverse stock split of the Company's issued and outstanding shares of common stock, par value $0.001 per share (the "Common Stock"), became effective after the close of trading today. The Company's Common Stock will commence trading on a split-adjusted basis on the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") upon the open of trading on November 6, 2012. The Common Stock will continue trading on the NYSE under the symbol "PRGN" but will trade under a new CUSIP number, 69913R 408.
The reverse stock split was previously approved by the Company's board of directors and by shareholders at the 2012 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders held on October 24, 2012.
Upon effectiveness of the reverse stock split, each ten (10) shares of the Company's issued and outstanding Common Stock was automatically and without any action on the part of the respective holders thereof combined and converted into one (1) issued and outstanding share of Common Stock. This reduced the number of issued and outstanding shares of the Company's Common Stock from approximately 61.0 million to approximately 6.1 million. The reverse stock split affected all issued and outstanding shares of the Company's Common Stock, as well as Common Stock underlying stock options outstanding immediately prior to the effectiveness of the reverse stock split. The number of authorized shares of the Company's Common Stock was not affected by the reverse split.
No fractional shares were issued in connection with the reverse stock split. Shareholders who would have otherwise held a fractional share of the Company's Common Stock as a result of the reverse stock split will receive a cash payment in lieu of such fractional share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV