Rouse Properties, Inc. (the “Company” or "Rouse") (NYSE: RSE) a national owner of regional enclosed malls, today announced consolidated and combined results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2012.
"Our leasing momentum continues to accelerate, as we executed more than 698,000 square feet of leases in the third quarter, bringing our 2012 year-to-date leasing to nearly 1.5 million square feet," commented Andrew Silberfein, President and Chief Executive Officer of Rouse Properties. "While we are still in the early stages of executing our strategic plan, our portfolio's leased percentage is up 90 basis points from the previous quarter and 160 basis points since our formation nine months ago. We are seeing this momentum across the full spectrum of in-line and large-format tenants. This improvement is attributable to our asset repositioning strategy, property enhancement program and focused management team." Mr. Silberfein continued, "In addition, during the quarter we amended our credit facility, significantly reducing our borrowing costs. This amendment is not only an indication of the support of our bank group, but reflects the leasing and operating progress we have achieved to date."
Operational Highlights Third Quarter 2012
Financial Results for the Three Months Ended September 30, 2012
- Leased over 698,000 square feet, more than double the volume of leasing activity in the same period last year.
- Leased percentage was 89.3% at quarter end, an increase of 90 basis points compared to June 30, 2012.
- Permanent leasing increased 150 basis points compared to June 30, 2012.
- Total average rental rate for new and renewal leases, on a same suite basis increased 17% and initial rental rate for new and renewal leases increased 9.3%.
- Comparable tenant sales increased $15 per square foot, or 5.5%, on a trailing twelve-month basis.
Core Funds From Operations (“Core FFO”) was $14.5 million, or $0.30 per diluted share, as compared to $21.1 million, or $0.59 per diluted share in the prior year period. Core FFO per share using a normalized share count was $0.29 per share as compared to $0.43 per share in the prior year period. The decrease over the prior year is primarily a result of the inclusion of actual costs associated with general and administrative costs whereas the 2011 results included an allocation from General Growth Properties, the Company's parent company prior to the spin off on January 12, 2012.